Neige et Plein Airdiscovery trips
Discovery of Lamoura’s landscapes
DISCOVERY OF THE HAUT-JURA REGION
Jura is a region where nature holds centre stage. This makes it the ideal place to learn about flora, fauna and the environment, but there’s more to Jura than this!
The Jura region is also known for its rich artisanal heritage. With visits, demonstrations, workshops and tastings, it is the ideal destination to organise a discovery trip for your pupils and introduce them to the crafts and savoir-faire found in Jura.
Finally, our location near the French-Swiss border will allow you to dedicate a day or two to exploring a different culture – that of Geneva.
If you are looking for a place to organise a discovery trip for your pupils in the French mountains, we have everything you need! Our 50 years of experience and our facilities specially designed for school groups will allow you to offer the very best experience to your pupils. What’s more, our ideal location offers you a host of teaching opportunities to help meet your syllabus requirements.
CHOICE OF TOPICS
Our team offers a wide choice of activities to help you discover the Jura region during your discovery stays in winter or summer:
Flora and fauna :
- Walks: discover animal footprints, typical mountain flora, etc.
- Maison du Parc – Lajoux
- Activity organised by the St Lupicin CPIE (local environmental organisation)
- Activity organised by the forest rangers from the National Forests Office
- Overnight stay in our Auvernes mountain gite
- Parc du Chien Polaire – Chapelle des Bois
- Centre Paul Emile Victor (polar exploration) – Prémanon
- Haut Jura slideshow – At the centre
CRAFTS AND SAVOIR-FAIRE TOPIC
- Savoir-Faire workshop – Ravilloles
- Maison du Lapidaire (stone cutting) – Lamoura
- Maître pipier (pipe making) – St Claude
- Musée de la Boissellerie (coopers) – Bois d’Amont
Jura flavours and traditions:
- Maison des Fromages (cheesemaking) – Les Moussières
- Caves d’affinage Juraflore (cheese aging cellar) – Les Rousses
- Ecomusée Michaud (farm and museum) – Chapelle des Bois
- Skiing museum – Les Rousses
- Eyewear Museum – Morez
INTERNATIONAL AND MULTICULTURAL TOPIC
- Geneva: Palais des Nations, Natural History Museum, Red Cross Museum
- Nyon: Roman Museum/Musée du Léman
- La Cure little train/Nyon
We are accredited by the National Education Ministry to host nine school groups.
The children will be hosted in dormitories of between two and six beds with an ensuite bathroom, and teachers will have an individual room.
Perfectly accessible for children so they can have fun in the water throughout their stay.
Our team is only too happy to help, so please contact us if you would like more information!